CLEVNET is Library Cooperation
A consortium of 44 library systems across 12 different counties in Northeast Ohio, CLEVNET allows you access to the vast collections of every participating library.
Using CLEVNET is simple. As a card holder, you can:
- borrow materials from any of the participating libraries.
- have items sent to your nearest CLEVNET library.
- return CLEVNET materials to any library in the consortium.
- check your library account, place holds, and renew material online through the "My Account" feature.
- access subscription-only online resources covering topics such as car repair, genealogy, consumer information, and medical information.
- connect to the eMedia collection to download audiobooks, eBooks, music, and videos from your home or office computer.
Nearly ten million items are readily available to you through CLEVNET. So what are you waiting for? Contact your local CLEVNET library to get a library card today!
Interested in how CLEVNET was formed? Read our history.
CLEVNET is Even Greater Access
The Greater Access Card can be used in all CLEVNET libraries and in all branches of the Cuyahoga County Public Library. If you have one of these colorful cards from any of these libraries, you can use it to check out materials in any of the cooperating Greater Access Card libraries. You no longer need separate cards for each library.
*In the CLEVNET catalog, you can use the Greater Access Card to place holds for pickup from any CLEVNET library, but you cannot place holds for pickup at a Cuyahoga County library branch.
CLEVNET Return on Investment Study
Respected economic analysts Driscoll & Fleeter recently completed a study designed to, among other things, quantify return on investment for CLEVNET libraries. The study revealed a number of favorable results. Specifically, there was a collective cost savings of more than $30 million, which resulted from libraries being able to share cataloging services, administration, computer equipment and professional support, as well as to consolidate circulation. Such savings translated into an average $6 return for every dollar invested by CLEVNET libraries. In addition, it was determined that, in a given year, the cumulative value of accessed research and items borrowed or downloaded in the CLEVNET system nears $27 million. More than one million library cardholders from Sandusky to Fairport Harbor to Wooster have benefited from CLEVNET resources.
Full Driscoll & Fleeter Report