Shaker Heights Public Library
Shaker Heights Public Library, a school-district library founded in 1937, serves a diverse population of 30,000 people in Shaker Heights, nationally known for its pro-integrative housing initiatives and exceptional public schools, and a portion of the City of Cleveland at Shaker Square. Shaker Library was one of the very first CLEVNET members and enjoys heavy use as reflected by circulation in the ninety-ninth percentile for libraries in communities of comparable size.
Located in the civic and commercial district, the Main Library occupies 85,000 square feet, including eight community meeting rooms, a quiet study room, Computer Center, and Teen Center. In 1960, Bertram Woods Branch Library was built with surplus tax funds on property bequeathed to the library by Mr. Woods.
Shaker Heights Public Library has been a member of CLEVNET since 1983.
16500 Van Aken Boulevard
Shaker Heights, OH 44120
Bertram Woods Branch
20600 Fayette Road
Shaker Heights, OH 44122