What is CLEVNET
CLEVNET is Library Cooperation
A consortium of 43 library systems across 12 different counties with 12 million items and approximately 1 million customers in Northeast Ohio, CLEVNET allows you access to the vast collections of every participating library.
Using CLEVNET is simple. As a card holder, you can:
- borrow materials, place holds and have items delivered to any of our participating CLEVNET libraries
- return CLEVNET materials to any library in the consortium
- check your library account, place holds, and renew material online through the "My Account" feature
- access our Research Databases to explore and research such topics as car repair, genealogy, consumer information, and medical information
- connect to our eMedia services to enjoy eBooks, audtiobooks, music, comics, magazines and videos from your computer, tablet or smartphone
Nearly ten million items are readily available to you through CLEVNET. So what are you waiting for? Contact your local CLEVNET library to get a library card today!
Interested in how CLEVNET was formed? Read our history.
CLEVNET is a Good Investment
Respected economic analysts Driscoll & Fleeter recently completed a study designed to, among other things, quantify return on investment for CLEVNET libraries. The study revealed a number of favorable results. Specifically, there was a collective cost savings of more than $30 million, which resulted from libraries being able to share cataloging services, administration, computer equipment and professional support, as well as to consolidate circulation. Such savings translated into an average $6 return for every dollar invested by CLEVNET libraries. In addition, it was determined that, in a given year, the cumulative value of accessed research and items borrowed or downloaded in the CLEVNET system nears $27 million. More than one million library cardholders from Sandusky to Fairport Harbor to Wooster have benefited from CLEVNET resources.